Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9

One moment I am rock climbing at the local gym here in Santa Monica, complaining that I have a sore throat, which makes me less energetic to climb, and the next moment I come home and check the news at midnight to see the 7th largest earthquake ever recorded just hit Japan.

Sometimes life events like this happen at the exact moment we need perspective.

I am so very thankful. For everything. Every single thing in my life, I am grateful for.

As to the million dollar question: I am going to still try and go to Japan. As of now, there is an advisory warning for American travelers to not visit Japan, so, we can only wait. I emailed Oxfam and Japanese Red Cross to see if I can volunteer during the time I am expected to be over there.

I claimed that this 2 month trip is to do some soul-searching. There is no better way to make a trip worthwhile than to integrate some humanitarian work. My thoughts and prayers are for everyone who passed away in Japan. For now, I can only hope there is a silver lining for them.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/03/world/hires.japan.quake/index.html

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post pepinita!!!
    When are you leaving?? and why can't I find you on fb? wanna skype soon??

    Jaimesito!!!

    ReplyDelete