Friday, November 27, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Hello Friends! Happy Day-After Thanksgiving!!

Well, for all of you who know me well, I am not artistic nor poetic, it's just not my nature. I would rather do math problems or read science journals, but I feel this adventure in Europe is about trying new things.... reason #1 I joined a rugby team!! So, in accordance with trying new things, I sat down with a warm cup of tea and decided to write a poem about the holidays. I can't believe I am actually going to post this on my blog, but here it goes :)

Thanks again for taking the time to read it, and again, I hope you all had a marvelous holiday! Much Love!!!


Winter Wonderland
by: Chrissy Pepino

Pumpkin colored leaves gently fall to the ground,

As hot chocolate overflows mismatched holiday mugs.

Pink wool scarves and warm toasty mittens greet

The whistling wind as it welcomes the approaching storms.


Dawn and dusk are encompassed by total darkness, as daylight becomes scarce

While the sleeping sun wraps itself around a quilt of gray clouds.

Glistening frost sits upon the fences and rooftops

And puddles are as abundant as dripping umbrellas.


Chimney smoke signals the comfort of a home

As vibrant flowers and colorful landscape hibernate until spring.

We welcome the holiday season with much cheer,

Because rosy cheeks and bright smiles ignite happiness to warm the winter.

2 comments:

  1. i love this poem! it absolutely makes me think of the holidays and the winter that overcomes the world during the colder months. you are so fantastic, chrissy! writing poems, playing rugby, cooking, looking after kids, traveling, learning french, and living abroad! you rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisser So:
    I think you are a wonderful poet, photographer, cake maker, rugby player, volleyball player, care taker of little chillens, you got it all. Look for your package on the 6th. Goodies for you and your little ones. Hugs Madre

    ReplyDelete